Thursday, September 18, 2014

Where Have You Been All My Life?

I'm a firm believer that the things we go through in life, shape us for the better. We can always learn lessons that will help us grow in every way possible. Whether it's an obstacle that we are going through or someone new comes into our life, we are constantly learning for the situations that we are put in. In some ways I feel that's exactly what happened when I met Spencer. We met last year, September 8th (a day after his birthday). We have this ongoing joke that our relationship has quite a few funny stories that somehow brought us together closer and I guess that this is one of them! Brittney and I had been on a ward-hopping spree and lets just say that we took it to an extreme. We spent a good three or four weeks going to 2 or three sacrament services at different wards on Sundays... what were we thinking? So on this particular Sunday, we texted her cousin Paige asking which Mesa ward we should attend and she told us to go to Spencer Jone's ward, because his had hot boys... so onto the ward we went. I had no idea who this Spencer Jones was, but lets just say that the rest is history. We decided to hangout with him and his friend later in the week and from then on Spencer and I started talking. Over the next few months (about 4) we dated and things were good. But that was the thing... Spencer had planned to go to BYU in January and Brittney and I were on the works for our Utah change as well, but nothing was planned or set and stone. Long story short, Spencer decided that we should try to meet other people in Utah since that was both of our original plans before meeting. (I still tease him to this day saying how he didn't want to date me, but look where we are now) 5 months later, we found each other again thanks to Spencer making the move since I was extra stubborn (that's another story that will have to be discussed later). Over the past few months I have become the best of friends with Spencer and I don't know what I would do without him. He is the sweetest, most motivated, hard-working, goofy, FUN person that I've ever met. He makes me a better person on a daily basis and he treats me better than I could ever imagine. We have spent the last month doing long distance, but it has only brought us closer. It is definitely something that is very hard and I have to admit we were both very skeptical when we decided to go for it, but I don't think either of us would change the way our relationship has grown. I look forward to see what's to come, especially since... SURPRISE-- I'll be moving back in three days! So Utah, it's been real, but it's time to go back home.

1 comment: