Thursday, August 22, 2013

I always dreamed of getting a fancy globe...

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten one, but I have gotten the lovely clinical site of globe, Arizona, which will be my half home for the next 7 months. I absolutely love the hospital there. Everyone is so nice and friendly and there is a lot to learn. They do a variety of different procedures so I get to see a lot and gains lot of knowledge as well. I'm excited to see what's to come in the next few months. 

On a side note, I have to say that globe has officially given me the experience of being a superb mountain driver now. To be completely honest, I have a lot of random and weird fears (like peanut butter, driving in the mountains, sharks in lakes...) but driving to globe has always sort of been my job in the past when driving up to alpine to visit the cabin or to go snowboarding at sunrise. I always drive until globe, then someone else takes over once the real mountains rather than the canyon takes over. But... Even though its a canyon I still have always been scared. I drove exactly the speed limit (or maybe a little less), constantly hit the breaks, gripped the steering wheel way too hard and basically in a nutshell I was just "one of those drivers". I think it's safe to say that I've gotten over it. I now drive with the flow of traffic (usually going about 10 over maximum because I hear the cops there take things pretty seriously) and just try to enjoy the drive. I've been able to do a lot of thinking over the drive so I think it's been pretty helpful.  

So back on the topic of me wanting a globe. So completely random, but I have to say I have always had my eyes on certain things that I'd love to have in my house one say when I'm married. Whenever I see them I am just in awe. When I went to temecula a few months ago, I went to a few antique stores and couldn't get over how much I loved seeing these things:
 1- a classic marble or fancy looking world globe (they're just beautiful)
 2- a full set of encyclopedias (I guess this is where the nerd sight of me comes out. Honestly, what is more classic than that?!)
 3- an antique tea pot (I don't drink tea, but hey they sure are cute)
 4- a pretty chess set (again with the marble. I have not the slightest idea how to play chess, but they are so darn authentic looking and give off such a sophisticated vibe)
  5- the full harry potter set of books hardback (of course harry potter had to be thrown in there somewhere. I mean, come on he's a legend. Plus... I think I only have half the set in hardback and paperback just look so messy after the years go by)


A girl can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment