Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Remember that one time I passed out...

So the last month or so has been pretty uneventful. It's literally consisted of me being at clinicals Monday through Friday from 8-5, Saturdays spent being well bored and Sundays at church... Then the cycle repeats itself. But, a month ago the craziest thing ever happened. So I was at clinicals feeling normal and fine when I decided to go and get a drink of water. I literally remember walking into the hallway and turning the corner and then BAM. Next thing you know, I wake up seeing blood, being shaken and yelled at asking what happened and to wake up! What in the world right? So I had a freak accident and passed out. Adding my luck to things, my face decided to hit the metal door frame, which left a scratch on one cheek, my nose a little bruised and my lip perfectly split open. Just fabulous. As if I needed a hot scar and stitches to add to my newly single status. But like I said before, when it rains, it pours. I just haven't been that lucky I guess. So the paramedics came and ran tests then suggested I go to the hospital to get stitches (mind you I've never had stitches before so this freaked me out a bit). Within thirty minutes, my mother, brother (Nikolas) and I were on our way to the hospital, which luckily was right next to my clinical site. It was foreshadowed that I'd have a black eye since my nose was hit pretty hard and was bruising but thank goodness I got lucky. At the end of the day after blood tests, urine tests and x rays they found absolutely nothing wrong. Freak accident? Who knows. I'm just so thankful that I wasn't driving when this happened because things could've been a lot worse. Also, I thankfully only was left with stitches on my left (performed without anesthesia since I of course have a fast metabolism and burned it off in two seconds), bruised in random places on my body from falling without control and pretty stiff and sore. But since then I've been getting random attacks of anxiety  and now I'm completely freaked out because I worry that ill pass out randomly somewhere again. (Help me!) I had a follow up with a doctor and I'm off to the cardiologist next week... Because I really need more to worry and stress about. Hopefully this pouring of rain will pass, because I could really use a break right about now!


Oh and yes my lip was huge for about two weeks... Happy happy happy (hahah I just got done watching duck dynasty)

No comments:

Post a Comment